Friday, March 26, 2010

Writer's Redefinition Already?

To all my patient, long-suffering, and faithful readers. I have been reading, really, but have not uncovered anything that inspired me as worthy of recommendation. I have a fail safe supply of reviews. Or do I? you'll see eventually...

Anyway, I haven't updated this since Sunday, and wanted to give you something to read.
Thus, my blog will expand to things other than merely reviews. Your comments can direct me to review media or stories of your choice. Speak up - it gives me something to do and keeps me accountable.

Thank you for your readership, I shall now give a poetry piece of mine own creation from the top of my head. Just so that your time is not merely spent reading an announcement.

I saw you standing the other day with a strange smile upon your face.
I was performing my daily tasks, I looked up, not sure how to react.
You've said no words, spoken no greeting.
Is it truly you, or merely a reflection so fleeting.
I smile back, quickly, I cannot be sure.
I return the courtesy, as is common rule.
You turn away, I second-guess my initial recognition.
It is not true, only a figment of my imagination.
And yet, this mistaken identity is not in vain.
I whisper under my breath a prayer in your name.
Petitioning that the heavenly father looks after thine health,
It is people like you who constitute my true wealth.
For what is man if he is alone? No one to notice him or check in by phone?
That is a life that is empty and void, and one that I would wish upon no girl or boy.
Existence is frail, and so prone to pain. As we question our purpose on this mortal plane.
You are important, no matter how small you may feel.
For to me, you are special; for joy and for heartbreak, our friendship is real.
I saw someone that resembled you today, but that's not the same.
For thou art thyself, in body, soul, and name.
No other can fill in for thy face,
let these verses remind you,
that to me, you are irreplaceable;
No doppelganger would do.

Thanks again,

Fall-Shi-un

4 comments:

  1. "I saw someone that resembled you today, but that's not the same."

    I like this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two recommendations for you.

    1. "Mrs. Dalloway," by Virginia Woolf. Because it's been a long time since I've read it and I want to read your reaction to her stream-of-consciousness poetic hyperrealism.

    2. "Volume 2," by She & Him. Because Zooey Deschanel's on it, and I've never listened to them, and would like to see how an Anberlin/Skillet/Jars of Clay fan would react. :) C'mon man, you need to list some more music on your profile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. /hate to give my name... will take recommendations. But how will I procure such a musical album? I'm notoriously cheap.
    Future birthday present? Nay, fair sir, I'll try to find it online - failure will prove disasterous...

    ReplyDelete