Friday, April 16, 2010

Chronicles of the Soujourner #1

The Ramblings of a Sojourner – Entry Initial #1
Travelling in a moving vehicle has the feeling of timelessness. There is a emotion of longing in my heart that comes during car trips – I am with those I love, music I enjoy experiencing is flowing into my consciousness. It is enough to make me enjoy the feeling of waiting, anticipating that this journey has an end, it is that knowledge which causes me to hold dear to the time that I have in the now. When my final destination is assured, there arises a peace in my heart, a determination to enjoy the path that has been set before me. Chatter, melodious lyrics, and silence erupt around my focus, memories float around my inner eyes, awakened by the harmony of the symphony of the everyday. I have every confidence that I will reach my destination, but that is not what makes life special and worth remembering. It is the in-between moments that define how you live your life. To work while you wait; to dream of bliss when you are facing monotony; to reflect upon what you plan to accomplish before you reach the end of your life. It is in these moments that you catch glimpses into the eternal – thoughts of the cycle of birth into this world, existence upon it, and the rebirth that comes from pursuing a passion until the hour of your death. Death is merely the final rest upon the end of your journey on earth, it is not to be feared by any, save those who never made an impression on this fleshly plane of reality. What do you do in the times in between? Do you have a passion that is worth your time on earth?

3 comments:

  1. insightful, sir. I enjoy reading these posts that wander on musing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying them, too. This one reminds me of Basho: "Life is a journey, and the journey itself is home." Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this was during a road trip, on a laptop with a limited battery. Looking back, it sounds like something Kelsey writes on her blog. More perspective on life than perspective of multimedia...

    ReplyDelete