Thursday, April 25, 2024

Challengers (2024)

Very short review as I just finished watching this in the theater on a discounted ticket promotion. It was very funny to see this movie in a nearly empty theater. When I stood up to leave, I learned that the only two other people were a couple in the top row, the woman of which noticed the other two audience members other than me ditch the movie before the end. The guy and I were too focused on the screen to see that exodus and we both had the same reaction to the film's effective point.

I had a great time watching a tennis version of "ball is life, life is ball." And how, at a level of competition, the participators in the sport see it as duel and dance, transcendent in the flow and the externalities become interwoven into the thread of the moment as fuel.

The framing of the film was other than I expected from the marketing, but it was effective in showing off the style and flair of the subject. The soundtrack and cinematography really sell the substance and excitement of the film's pacing and stakes.


Break point setting up

The advantage of seeing Love

All passion and pride

No comments:

Post a Comment